E-Rate 2017-2018 Vendor Questions
Please note the address for Lincoln Elementary School on the FCC Form 470 #180003116 and 180003174 was incorrect. The address for Lincoln Elementary is 3551 Block Ave. East Chicago, IN46312. The proposal deadline is now 12/15/2017.
Please note the address for the School City of East Chicago Warehouse on the FCC Form 470 #180003116 and 180003174 was incorrect. The address for the School City of East Chicago Warehouse is 211 E. Columbus Dr. East Chicago, IN 46312. The proposal deadline is now 12/15/2017.
- What is the final date your willing to except a response to this 470? Yes, we understand that you can award after 28 days. However, will you be willing to consider solutions proposed later? Such as presented 12-20-17?
SCEC: We are only accepting proposals till the 11/29/2017 - This has been changed to 12/15/2017
2. What multicast if any will you require?
SCEC: No Multicast is required
3. In regards to multi-year term preferences, do you prefer 3 or 5 year options? or something else?
SCEC: Currently we have no preference so vendors can work up a cost for both 3 years
and 5 years.
- Regarding customer’s side of the network, what CPE are you planning on using to connect to the WAN? do you have the equipment today to support these speed options or if not what equipment are you looking to procure?
SCEC: We do not need to upgrade our CPE to WAN connection
5. Is East Chicago Seeking Both a PRI and a Hosted Solution? Or Is it one or the Other?
SCEC: School City of East Chicago is interested in both solutions.
- Our SIP solution is native SIP to the premise but the phone system needs to be qualified to accept our SIP handoff. Therefore, could you please advise what model/version of phone system you currently have in place? We can allow for as many SIP CCS (Concurrent Call Sessions as needed). At this point I’m planning to match the PRI at 46 CCS. Please advise if this is sufficient or if you prefer more/less.
SCEC: Broadsoft, Boardworks Software Version 21.1
- In regards to the voice Form 470 – I see that you are seeking out PRI and or SIP for 2 +/- . Our PRI’s allow for 23 simultaneous calls so I’ll assume two PRI’s would be sufficient. Please confirm at your convenience.
SCEC: Two PRI line will be sufficient for each location
- In regards to the WAN form 470, I see all sites will converge upon 1100 West Columbus Drive, East Chicago, IN 46312. Comcast has three different WAN topologies available, (EPL/ENS/EVPL) ENS is any to any, EPL is one to one and EVPL is many to one. Please advise which topology you would prefer. Most of our Schools choose EPL as its VLAN transparent layer 2 and has no multicast limitations. The ENS is employed as well but has multicast limitations but does allow for a resilient network topology as any location can see any location. Let me know your preference for topology.
SCEC: Our Preference is EVPL
- Please advise what contract term you would like to see in a response, i.e.) 36 months, 60 months, both?
SCEC: We would like a 36 and 60 month proposal