Take Home Chromebook Information
If you have a School City of East Chicago issued Chromebook and are having any technical issues:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A. General Precautions
- No food or drink should be next to Chromebooks
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into
- Chromebooks should not be used or stored near pets.
- Chromebooks should not be used with the power cord plugged in when the cord may be a
- Chromebooks must remain free of any writing, drawing, stickers, and labels.
- Heavy objects should never be placed on top of Chromebooks
B. Cleaning of your Chromebook.
- Ensure the device is turned off and unplug all cables.
- Clean the Chromebook screen using a small amount of alcohol on a microfiber cloth.
- Do not use disinfecting liquids directly on the screen, including but not limited to Clorox or alcohol wipes.
- Clean the keyboard, including laptop keyboard, using alcohol on a cotton ball.
- Do not use window cleaners, household cleaners, or abrasives to clean technology.
C. Asset Tags
- All Chromebooks will be labeled with a School City of East Chicago asset tag.
- Asset tags may not be modified or tampered with in any way.
- Students may be charged up to the full replacement cost of a Chromebook for tampering with a School City of East Chicago asset tag or turning in a Chromebook without a School City of East Chicago asset tag
D. No Expectation of Privacy
- Students have no expectation of confidentiality or privacy with respect to any usage of a Chromebook, regardless of whether that use is for district‐related or personal purposes, other than as specifically provided by law. The District may, without prior notice or consent, log, supervise, access, view, monitor, and record use of student Chromebooks at any time for any reason related to the operation of the District. By using a Chromebook, students agree to such access, monitoring, and recording of their use
E. Appropriate Uses and Digital Citizenship
- School‐issued Chromebooks should be used for educational purposes and students are to adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy and all of its corresponding administrative procedures at all times. While working in a digital and collaborative environment, students should always conduct themselves as good digital citizens by adhering to the following:
1. Respect Yourself. I will show respect for myself through my actions. I will select online names that are appropriate. I will use caution with the information, images, and other media that I post online. I will carefully consider what personal information about my life, experiences, or relationships I post. I will not be obscene. I will act with integrity.
2. Protect Yourself. I will ensure that the information, images, and materials I post online will not put me at risk. I will not publish my personal details, contact details, or a schedule of my activities. I will report any attacks or inappropriate behavior directed at me while online. I will protect passwords, accounts, and resources.
3. Respect Others. I will show respect to others. I will not use electronic mediums to antagonize, bully, harass, or stalk people. I will show respect for other people in my choice of websites: I will not visit sites that are degrading to others, pornographic, racist, or inappropriate. I will not enter other people’s private spaces or areas.
4.Protect Others. I will protect others by reporting abuse and not forwarding inappropriate materials or communications. I will avoid unacceptable materials and conversations.
5. Respect Intellectual Property. I will request permission to use copyrighted or otherwise protected materials. I will suitably cite all use of websites, books, media, etc. I will acknowledge all primary sources. I will validate information. I will use and abide by the fair use rules.
6. Protect Intellectual Property. I will request to use the software and media others produce. I will purchase, license, and register all software or use available free and open source alternatives rather than pirating software. I will purchase my music and media and refrain from distributing these in a manner that violates their licenses.
F. Chromebook Not Charging
- Connect Type-C charger on the side of (4) inputs until charging light turns on. If light does not turn on, please email ithelpdesk @ecps.org with the following information:
-Parent Phone Number
-Description of problem
G. Connecting to your home WIFI