To meet with students and parents in small and large groups on a variety of topics, including:
- Academic and Career Planning
- Career and Technical Exploration
- College Application Process
- Diploma Types
- FAFSA: Financial Aid
- Graduation Pathways
- Graduation Requirements
Professional Counseling Team: American School Counselor Association (ASCA) members
The mission of the East Chicago Central High School Counseling program, in partnership with other educators, parents/guardians, and community stakeholders is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program that addresses the academic, personal/social, and career development of all students and ensures that they are self-directed, life-long learners who are college, career, and military ready.
The vision of the East Chicago Central High School comprehensive school counseling program is to facilitate equal access to a comprehensive school counseling program for all students, and that this program serves as an integral piece of the overall educational experience. The CHS school counseling program will also promote collaboration between school counselors, educators, parents, and other community stakeholders to ensure that the needs and goals of every student are addressed so that each student can complete high school, and become college, career, and military ready.
- To meet with students on an individual basis to create and monitor a four year academic plan for high school
- To meet with students individually to explore post-secondary options focusing on college/career readiness
- To meet with students individually focusing on personal and social/emotional needs
To work with students — both individually and in small groups — in response to a variety of academic, emotional and personal/social needs, thus providing opportunities for students to develop coping skills and compensatory strategies.